Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fitting

After the enclosure was assembled I started to carefully drill holes using a Dremel (well, actually the cheapest version of a Dremel I could afford) into the underneath of the top plate corresponding to all the holes in the PCBs. The official Sparkfun plates are a two step process, with an assembly plate and a top plate so this is a little bit less pristine than that solution:

IMG_4480

IMG_4482 

Also I had a small problem with the DC power input of the Arduino so I had to drill away a little section on the inner side of the USB side plate to get the Arduino to fit flush on the outside… oops.

IMG_4481 

Then I screwed in the PCB boards with screws used to hold CD or HD drives in desktops – probably not the best to use (as they didn’t fit properly and in the 4 near holes I could usually only fit 2 in diagonally):

IMG_4485

IMG_4489

Then it was all done… time for the reveal…

IMG_4490

<deh nehnehneh neh neh>

IMG_4492

<twittwoo>

IMG_4493

IMG_4497

IMG_4499  <ding>

Then plugged it in to see if it worked………………………

IMG_4502

WOOHOOO!!!! … well not really, it didn’t work first off, during the fitting I had broken a few wires – but it was easy enough to fix so I won’t bore ye with the details.

IMG_4504

IMG_4512

Ok so it all works, next is to try and use it to make some music… hmm where to start….

No comments: