Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bits missing

I had a go at wiring it all up according to Julien Bayle's schematic here, but quickly found out there were a couple of parts missing from his shopping list - like the RN1 in the top left whatever that is.  Also it was going to become really messy really quickly (this is just one board wired up):

IMG_1431

I did a bit of googling around around and found a few people (nomeist, dovemouse, bricktable) had gotten an Arduinome shield made up (sometimes called an unsped shield).  It's another PCB that sits neatly on top of the Arduino and sets it up to act more like a monome using the same components as Julien Bayle (I guess).  I think it's kinda cool that the monome people (Brian Crabtree and Kelli Cain) let people discuss a clone on their site, they've got a topic in the documentation with some handy links.  Here's a pic of the shield in place from someone who's also using the kitchen table as a worktop:

On the monome forums I found out that I had just missed a group buy (it's much less expensive per PCB if they manufacture more of them).  I've asked if there's anyone interested in another group buy, so will have to wait and see what happens... dovemouse's blog has a good parts list (UK based).

IMG_1433

No comments: