Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hooked up

For a bit of stability, I got a few cable ties and some hot glue and stuck my 4 boards together - I'm probably going to regret it later when I try to screw it to an enclosure of some sort - so stay tuned for more disappointment!!

IMG_0097

The next stage I did was to add the DIL sockets - note that I don't recommend this way - go with someone else's directions - I'm just telling it how it is yo.

IMG_0098 IMG_0100

Now it looks all neat (these are the pre-fix photos):

IMG_0101 IMG_0105

To hook it all up to your computer you need the following at a minimum (mostly gotten from Julien's site):

... uhh I'll edit this if I'm forgetting anything ... download the right ones for your O/S (I'm on Vista - not my choice!!!) and unzip/install all of the above.

With your Arduinome plugged into the USB, run the Arduino programming environment.  Load up the Arduinome Firmware you downloaded earlier and and upload this to the board (icon in red on top).  It might complain that it's not the right port - usually it's the last COMXX port but try the others until the upload works.

ArduinoEnviroment

Run MProg. Click Device->Scan.  If your Arduinome is hooked up ok, you should see:

Number Of Blank Devices = 0  
Number Of Programmed Devices = 1

in the status window (if not plug the USB out & in, wait a while then try again).  Click on Tools->Read and Parse, check the "Use Fixed Serial Number" and enter something like "a40h-001" (you could change the number on the right if you wished).  Click File-Save As... then click on the flash icon.  If it goes well, you should see "Programmed Serial Number..." in the status window.


MProg


Close MProg, and reconnect your Arduinome.  Run ArduinomeSerial and it should detect your Aruinome:


ArduinomeSerial


At some point lights flash across the board - cool it works!!!


IMG_0108


I was ecstatic when I saw the lights go up (not too happy about the red line because I thought I only hooked up blue) but couldn't play with it as Daedelus happened to be playing later (in the Trinity Rooms Limerick of all places) so I had to go see him play!  Later!

No comments: